Senior Software Developer (Homeworking / Work from home)
The spirit of a startup. The resources of Enterprise. When you bring your experience and talents here, you’ll join a team of start-up minded creators and leaders. But we’re also part of Enterprise Holdings, one of the world’s most respected companies and owner of brands like Enterprise Rent-A-Car®. For your career, and for your life, it’s the best of both worlds.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Entegral is a wholly owned subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and owner of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand. Entegral increases efficiency through the entirety of the claims process. When paired with CAPS, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience for the duration of a motor claim. The new name captures the spirit of our company, combining the strength of Enterprise and the integral role we play in the industry. It also represents the integrity we bring to every interaction and the collaboration we foster within the industries we serve.
Our UK based team are looking for a smart, passionate and results-oriented software engineer to help us develop innovative software initiatives across our software suite. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is interested in exploring software technologies throughout the stack and excited to take the challenges to have a major impact on our product suite.
For more information about Entegral and other opportunities within Enterprise, go to www.entegral.co.uk
As an Senior Software Engineer you are a subject matter expert in the underlying technologies and are excited to up-to-date with the latest practices in software development. You must be able to evangelize your thoughts to help drive innovative solutions to improve and streamline processes. Entegral is an exciting place to work where you are interacting with the highest level of engineering talent, constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower each other.
- Be a thought leader in designing software solutions in a friendly team with a wealth of knowledge about the industry
- Be part of the full application lifecycle (design, develop, test, deploy and maintain), innovating in each step
- Work with internal and external teams to design and build solution integrations
- Develop all aspects of the application suite from the UI to the data store
- Share your experiences with the team and at the same time develop yourself by learning from the team experiences
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of applications while delivering impactful business value
- Collaborate with other teams to make architectural decisions and improvements
- May require occasional on-call duties
- Subject matter expert with extensive experience in building mobile and full-stack software applications
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Proficiency in Typescript-based frameworks
- Aptitude to learn fast new programming languages and technologies
- Comprehensive experience with databases as part of business solution
- Comprehensive experience with microservices, container orchestration (Kubernetes), and Google Cloud Platform
- Comprehensive experience of working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Experience architecting and developing large complex applications
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% domestically
- Experience with popular frameworks and libraries
- Experience building mobile and desktop applications using a range of frameworks (Xamarin, React Native)
- Experience building native iOS applications.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby and Perl
- Understanding of scaled Agile frameworks
- Experience of working in international organizations
- Knowledge of Cloud-based architectures and platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
This position can be 100% working from home but we do have teams based in Egham, Dartford and Dewsbury (West Yorkshire).
Entegral is a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive. We offer an active community minded Diversity, Equality and Inclusion committee. We support our women through monthly employee resource groups. We believe in belonging through providing My Purpose, My Time paid time off to volunteer. We invest in your growth through dedicated Days of Development. We believe in people over process. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice. Your voice is important, and we have a commitment to listen in our company wide town halls. We welcome you to join our team!