Software Developer (Homeworking / Work from home)
The spirit of a startup. The resources of Enterprise. When you bring your experience and talents here, you’ll join a team of start-up minded creators and leaders. But we’re also part of Enterprise Holdings, one of the world’s most respected companies and owner of brands like Enterprise Rent-A-Car®. For your career, and for your life, it’s the best of both worlds.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Entegral is a wholly owned subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and owner of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand. Entegral increases efficiency through the entirety of the claims process. When paired with CAPS, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience for the duration of a motor claim. The new name captures the spirit of our company, combining the strength of Enterprise and the integral role we play in the industry. It also represents the integrity we bring to every interaction and the collaboration we foster within the industries we serve.
Our UK based team are looking for a smart, passionate and results-oriented software engineer to help us develop innovative software initiatives across our software suite. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is interested in exploring software technologies throughout the stack and excited to take the challenges to have a major impact on our product suite.
For more information about Entegral and other opportunities within Enterprise, go to www.entegral.co.uk
As an Engineer 1 you will be responsible for developing, modifying and implementing elements of technology to solve business problems and be excited to figure out how things work end to end. You will have the opportunity to assist in the design. You will work with a team to test, research and investigate technology and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions. You are a keen self-starter with passion for technology. Entegral is an exciting place to work where you are interacting with the highest level of engineering talent, constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower each other.
- Individual contributor performing application coding in a friendly and inclusive team
- Consistently create software applications according to specifications provided by our product managers and software architects
- Participate in stand-up meetings, planning sessions, and code reviews
- Assist in analyzing and resolving complex software application problems
- Develop all aspects of the application suite from the UI to the data store and automated unit tests
- Participate in support and security remediation activities
- May require occasional on-call duties
- Knowledge of software development using object-oriented programming languages
- Possession of effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrable work ethic and effective collaboration with others, in person and remotely
- Aptitude to learn fast new programming languages and technologies
- Understanding of SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Understanding of API-based services
- Understanding of Agile development practices
- Understanding of version control tools such as Git/Bitbucket/SVN
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% domestically
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or an equivalent such as attendance to a coding bootcamp, extensive self-study, etc.
- Experience with development of native mobile and/or web apps
- Experience with full-stack development and frameworks
- Experience with C# or similar languages
- Understanding of micro-service, CI/CD and DevOps environments
- Understanding of public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and similar tools
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Ruby and Perl
- Understanding of containerized and/or virtualized deployments and container orchestration
- Understanding of scaled Agile frameworks
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
This position can be 100% working from home but we do have teams based in Egham, Dartford and Dewsbury (West Yorkshire).